Since I just got done photographing a sweet sweet baby girl (blog post HERE) I decided to talk a bit about newborn photography. It is super important to prep your parents so that when they arrive the baby is full, warm, and ready to sleep. And it is even more important to prep your studio for the session as best you can to make it as conducive as possible for baby to be comfortable and sleepy. Make sure your studio is warm by turning up the thermostat (if you have a separate one for your studio), use space heaters (safely away from fabrics/props), and keeping baby wrapped in a loose blanket when not posing. I also use a noise machine (well iPhone with speaker-Keri Meyers turned me on to a new app but there are tons of noise apps) and I listen to music during the session just to add noise so baby is used to it so noise won’t startle them. I burn lavender oil – hey every little thing helps right? And if the light is harsh in place I hang up a large diffuser but you can just use a sheer curtain too!
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Newborn session tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment