Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A bed is not always a bed…

One of my favourite backdrops is the the big fluffy bed with white pillows & yummy white duvet. What many people don’t know is that  this is not my bed or a bedroom in my house. This is in my studio.
What I do is set up my backdrop with whatever color seamless I decide to use, then I lay out the pillows and duvet so it looks like a bed, & Voila! instant bedroom!
I first learned this from my friend the uber talented Lisa Holloway in Kingman Arizona.
Behind the scenes shot with Duvet and pillows resting against seamless on a backdrop stand. I use clamps to hold the seamless in place.
In this situation I have the backdrop angled at approx 75 degrees to the window  but I often move it to somewhere between 45-90 degrees depending on the shadowing I want.


Resulting photo Shot at F2.2 SS 1/250 ISO 300 backdrop angled aprox 75 degrees toward window.
  http://themilkyway.ca/2011/08/a-bed-is-not-always-a-bed-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment